top of page
Artisanal Beverage Company
Chief Marketing Officer
UNC Class of:
• Joined as CMO of ABV in May 2018.
• Prior to joining ABV, Mr. Detenber served as SVP of Marketing for Massage Envy Franchising (1,180 location private equity owned wellness subscription services provider, with over $1.4B in network sales). While at Massage Envy, he was the head of the consumer marketing organization responsible for strategic brand leadership, brand positioning, annual marketing planning, budgeting, marketing communications, media, PR and marketing analytics. Mr. Detenber developed brand’s first- ever national sports sponsorship with the PGA TOUR, centered on branding the Tour’s mobile training facility and included 10 player ambassador relationships in support of the brand’s launch of an innovative assisted stretching service called Total Body Stretch.
• Before joining Massage Envy, Mr. Detenber was the VP of Marketing for Wendy’s International (a 6,000-unit quick service restaurant chain with $9B in network revenue) where he was a leader of the brand management and innovation functions. While at Wendy’s, Mr. Detenber led the brand’s repositioning in 2012 which included a transformation of the brand’s visual identity, menu, restaurant design, advertising campaign. The repositioning also led the brand to become a leader in digital and social communications and technology (consumer app, mobile ordering, mobile pay and loyalty).
• Previous brand management and marketing experience includes time with Abbott Nutrition (EAS Sports Nutrition, ZonePerfect) and PepsiCo (Gatorade, Propel, Tropicana), and IBM.
• Mr. Detenber received a Bachelor’s degree from Miami University (Oxford, OH) and a Masters of Business Administration from the University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill).
bottom of page